Saturday 23 November 2013

NYC Applelicious Review


Hello, I hope you're having a good weekend so far. Today I thought I'd share with you this new lip balm I discovered. We are quickly transitioning to winter and I knew my lips where getting more dry and chapped, which is not a good look for anyone. I was initially going to buy the Baby Lips because shock horror, I had never tried them before but Superdrug was out of the shade I wanted and that's when I saw this little beauty.
NYC is not a brand that I ever go for, I don't know why though. I remembered my friend saying she got her lip balm from them so I thought I'd check it out. 

There are different shades for the Applelicious, I picked up shade 356 Big Apple Red, I wanted a red tinted lip balm for those days I don't want to go all out and wear a red lipstick. This is a tinted lip balm and when I say tinted I mean you can actually see some colour on your lips unlike other lip balms, it has this nice fruity scent, I'm not sure if its apple or cherry but I like it. When applied, it lasts up to 4 hours without re-applying as long as you haven't eaten, After eaten I like to re-apply. It is moisturizing, and doesn't get sticky .
I finally bought the baby lips and compared to the applelicious, the baby lips is a bit more moisturizing but the applelicious has more colour pay off. I would definitely repurchase the applelicious in other shades mainly because of the pigmentation. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this colour! I'm really enjoying using tinted balms at the moment and this one looks awesome! I love reading a good review!

    wwww.amadhattersteaparty.blogspot.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful product.





    ------------------------------------
    I work in holief.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for commenting and I want you to know I do read every single one of them and I reply when I can.