Sunday 8 December 2013

Maybelline Vs L'oreal

Hello everyone, today I'm going to share with you two drugstore foundations I've just discovered and I'm loving. I don't know what to call this post, but I guess it's a review/comparisons post.
The first foundation is the l'oreal true match and I have this in the shade Cappuccino which to start off I think is too light/orange for me. This foundation is a matte finish, so I'd definitely recommend it if you have oily skin. The true matte has so many shades in its range, so I'm pretty sure you'll find your one. And even though its matte it isn't drying just remember to moisture, I have dry skin and this doesn't dry me out and as the day goes on my natural oils shine. The coverage isn't full, you can see some of my spots still showing, it's what I call light to medium but it is buildable. I like this foundation
and I think it would be great for summer and winter, but I think I'm going to go for the shade cocoa next time because this shade is a bit yellow for me. This retails for £10.00


The next foundation is the maybelline fit me in coconut which is their darkest shade, unlike the l'oreal I think this one is the right shade but they have limited shades. I think this is a medium coverage foundation and its for dry skin, well it's not for dry skin but it has a more dewy finish so I'd advise you to set this with a really good matte powder if you have oily skin so you don't look as if you've dipped your face in oil. That said, I really like this foundation and all I'm looking for right now is a good powder to set it, my studio fix just isn't doing the job anymore ( recommend a good powder below please). The maybelline fit me foundation retails for about £8.00 - £10.00.
You might think these two foundations look the same but to me they are not. You decide which foundation you think is better from my review and tell me in the comments, and if you know any good powders please share it with me. 
Thank you for commenting and subscribing and I hope you have a goo week.



3 comments:

  1. transparent stay matte rimmel pressed powder is great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just bought the stay matte and I applied it and it looked a bit ashy, maybe I need to use a light hand. What do you use to apply yours?

      Delete
  2. Excellent product


    -----------------------------
    I work in holief.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for commenting and I want you to know I do read every single one of them and I reply when I can.